Your Family’s Ultimate Guide to the Winter Season around the San Francisco Bay Area!
Columbia Allergy is the nation’s leading network of renowned allergists and immunologists specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of children and adults with environmental and food allergies. Under the leadership of Dr. Sanjeev Jain and a renowned team of board-certified allergists and immunologists, Columbia Allergy aims to help patients who suffer from a life of strict allergen avoidance achieve relief through innovative, clinically proven treatment methods.
Click on each tab to explore more!
My Funny Valentine
San Francisco Bay Area Moms, get your family apparel GAME ON and PLANT A TREE for every piece purchased!
San Francisco Bay Area Mom's Guides to Best Holiday Gift Ideas
Tough as a Mother jewelry is here to help you find the energy to make it through sleepless nights and challenges that we never even knew existed, whether that’s a miscarriage, the darkness of postpartum depression, the stress of feeling overwhelmed and underprepared, or just being there when your kid needs support. Utilize the power and meanings of gemstones and the power of names to design pieces to honor the most joyous and raw parts of motherhood and parenthood.
Start your year off right with all-new premium services (shop, cook, clean) with Pocket Chefs! Free up your precious time and cut down your COVID exposure time to…
You deserve it.
New Holiday Traditions
New Year, New You
Deck Your Homes
Home for the Holidays
- Make a family keepsake. Stamp your kids’ handprints on a piece of fabric and build a quilt. Save your children’s letters to Santa in a photo album. If you’re musically inclined, write an original song to sing each year. It doesn’t matter what it is, as long as it’s something that lasts year after year.
- Learn about the holiday. Whether you choose to focus on particular stories from your religion, learn how it’s celebrated in different parts of the world, listen to stories from older family members about their childhood memories, or choose an entirely new religion to learn about, find ways to connect your kids with the larger spirit of the season.
- Write holiday cards together. Instead of laying the burden of mailing cards entirely on yourself, find ways for the whole family to pitch in, even if it’s licking the envelopes. (Milk and cookies are excellent motivators)
- Elf yourself. Everyone will get a kick out of seeing themselves as animated elves, and it couldn’t be easier to do.
- Read books along with Rosie and print out the fun activities like the Gingerbread Activity Workbook.
- Track Santa. Starting December 1, the NORAD website has an official Santa tracker, so your kids can keep tabs on the big guy all the way through Christmas Day. If the North American Aerospace Defense Command can get into the Christmas spirit, then anyone can.
- Plan visits from the holiday fairies. Leading up to the main holiday events, plan something fun to do with your kids each day. Have your kids open an envelope from the “fairies” each morning with a special activity for the day. It doesn’t matter what it is, as long as it’s something planned to do together (and you won’t have to look much further than this list for your inspiration).
- Decorate the house. Have your kids make an ornament each year to hang on the tree (plus extras to give to grandparents). String popcorn and cranberries for garland. Cut out paper snowflakes. There are so many ways this can be a family affair, all while listening to holiday music, of course. To wipe down presents and surfaces for decorating, we use Arm & Hammer Essentials Disinfecting Wipes.
- Make food together. Whether you love to bake, make gift bags of spiced nuts, or cook latkes each year for Hanukah, doing it together makes it more special, and the smells of those foods will stick with your kids through adulthood bringing them right back to your kitchen.
- Watch old movies. Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube make it possible to watch even the most obscure movie from your childhood. Find your favorite and share it with your kids.
- Write a letter. The old standby recipient of letters is Santa, of course, but it’s also fun to have your kids write to themselves to open the following year. Pre-writers can dictate to you what they want to say, and you can write to your child if they’re not yet verbal. Store the letters with your holiday decorations, so it’s easy to find next year. Or, choose another relative to write to. In this electronic age, keeping the tradition of written letters alive feels perfect for the nostalgia of the holiday season. For e-correspondences, we love Smilebox for personalizable greetings and slideshows.
- Give your child a special present on their first holiday. Maybe it’s their very own menorah or a special ornament, but having something that you pull out each year, prompting the story of when they were little, will make them feel special.
- Wear matching family pajamas. If at least one of your holiday traditions isn’t making someone in your family roll their eyes, then you’re not doing it right. Check out Pat Pat for a picture-perfect family jammy fest.
Veroni, the beloved maker of Italian cured meats and specialties unveils its brand-new snack line that combines a selection of authentic Italian salami with provolone cheese, dried fruit, and breadsticks. The four pairing options come in a practical and easy- to-open packaging to enhance your winter parties, while offering a real Italian tasting experience. With the right amount of protein, Veroni’s snacks recharge your batteries everywhere, at your holiday get-together, at the office, at school, or after gym.
KhuenPhu is an AAPI inspired Hemp CBD brand built to modernize Asian healing traditions. KhuenPhu’s message is rooted in genuine love for Asian culture and a desire to evolve our traditions for a modern era. Above all, we are here to educate, guide, and earn the trust of our community as they explore healing remedies for their health and wellness. Our products are formulated using cutting-edge technology that ensures every dose has stable potency and exceptional taste. Use code ‘HOLIDAY50’ when you check out for an exclusive discount!
Winter Wonderland Culinary Arts
Spice It Up
Festive Popcorn Treat-Crafts
Winter Traditions & Celebrations
Out & About
- Santa’s Tree Farm and Village (Peninsula)
- Santa Photo Experience (Peninsula)
- Fairy Winterland (East Bay)
- Luminary Walk (East Bay)
- Visit to North Pole (East Bay)
- Santa Photo Experience (East Bay)
- Christmasville in the Woods (Easy Bay)
- Santa Drive-Thru Meet and Greet (East Bay)
- Santa at Macy’s Court (East Bay)
- Santa on Solano (North Bay)
- ‘Tis the Season for Science (SF)
- Joy at SF Zoo (SF)
- Fort Mason Flix (SF)
- West Coast Craft Market (SF)
- Night of Lights (Peninsula)
- Holidays at Filoli (Peninsula)
- Drive In Movie (Peninsula)
- IlluminOdyssey Outdoors (Peninsula)
- Walking in a Winter Wonderland (Peninsula)
- Glowfari (East Bay)
- Fairy Winterland (East Bay)
- Mistletoe Mission (East Bay)
- Garden of d’Lights (East Bay)
- Walk Through Wonderland (East Bay)
- Telegraph Avenue Holiday Street Fair (East Bay)
- Christmas in the Park (South Bay)
- Fantasy of Lights (South Bay)
- Holiday in the Park Lights! (North Bay)
Holiday Lights Drive-Thru (Santa Cruz)
- Find your perfect Christmas tree [MAP]
- Clancy’s Christmas Trees (SF)
- The Guardsmen Tree Lot (SF)
- Santa’s Tree Farm and Village (Peninsula)
- Webb Ranch (Peninsula)
- Rancho Siempre Verde (Peninsula)
- Speer Family Farms (East Bay)
- ABC Tree Farms (East Bay)
- Smith Family Farm (East Bay)
- Castro Valley Christmas Tree Farm (East Bay)
- Black Road Christmas Tree Farms (South Bay)
- Battaglia Ranch (South Bay)
- Larsen’s Christmas Tree Farm (North Bay)
- Frosty Mountain Tree Farm (North Bay)
- Celesta Farms (North Bay)
- Little Hills Christmas Tree Farm (North Bay)
- Reindeer Ridge Christmas Tree Farm (North Bay)
- Pronzini Ranch (North Bay)
- Grandma Buddy’s (North Bay)
- Graton Fire Christmas Tree Farm (North Bay)
- Cousins’ Christmas Trees (North Bay)
- Applehill Farms (El Dorado)
Be positively dazzled by the incredible displays of holiday lights and immerse yourselves in holiday cheer around the Bay Area this winter! Take the Great SFBAM Holiday Lights Tour!
Does the idea of a physical planner make your heart sing? Are you somewhere in between? Pick one location in your home that gets a lot of traffic and where your family learns to check for important information. Using something like a system from 1Thrive allows you to have as much or as little to keep your family organized. It can also grow with you as your family grows.
Use the code SFBAM for 10% off your order plus FREE shipping
Shop Local / Mom-Owned
Shop Local / Mom-Owned for the Holidays
Gifts for the Winter
Gift Ideas for the Winter
Screen Free Gift Ideas
Gifts for the Creative
Gift Ideas for the Creative
Gifts for the Techie
Gift Ideas for the Techie
Gifts for the Athlete
Gift Ideas for the Athlete
Gifts for the Scholar
Gift Ideas for the Scholar
Gift a Book This Holiday
Gift a Book this Holiday
For the Adults
Gift Ideas for the Adults
Look out for Santa’s Helpers across the website (hint: search for posts published in 2021) and enter up to 12 times to our Holiday Extravaganza Giveaway raffle! Get BONUS entries by completing our Reader Survey and by subscribing to our newsletter now!
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.