As an almost 50-year-old mother of two teenagers, I can have a few guilty pleasures. Unfortunately, it has taken me nearly 13 years to give myself permission for this. I think “full acceptance” came during the pandemic.
So, that being said, here are some of my guilty pleasures, and I would LOVE to know what yours are. And if you don’t have any, what are you waiting for? Trust me – don’t wait.
In no particular order
- Handmaid’s Tale
- A full-time job that I love
- Eating the marshmallows from the box of Lucky Charms
- Upgrades on flights when I fly for work
- Getting two puppies (a post for another time)
- Getting tickets for the opening night of any Marvel movie
- Ordering out
- Claiming to have a migraine when I want time alone
- Online shopping
- A spoonful of peanut butter right from the jar
- Checking my phone in the middle of the night
- Letting calls go to voice mail