This post is sponsored, but the opinions are 100% our own.
After spending the week heartsick and afraid to breathe, this past Sunday my family and I ventured out into the great wide open to board a train, Thomas the Train.
We took our four year-old-daughter, our one-year-old son and our Yorkie, who prefers to remain ageless (dogs are allowed, just read up here first) to the beautiful Roaring Camp Railroads in Felton, CA.
Every weekend throughout October, Roaring Camp Railroads is hosting the Thomas The Train & Percy Halloween Party. When you buy tickets, you select your boarding time for the actual train ride, but the price of admission includes a bunch of festive activities for kids, including Face Painting, Thomas and Friends Tattoos, a Pick-Your-Own Pumpkin Patch, Train Shaped Cookie Decorating, Story-Telling, plenty of Train Tables to play with and little Push Trains they can ride around on.
The open-air train ride is 20 minutes long and glides over rivers and through ancient Redwoods and Eucalyptus trees. You travel southbound for the first leg of your trip and then return north back to camp. Sit back, relax and watch out for the spooky Halloween rats
onboard (don’t worry, they’re plastic)!
After your train ride, be sure not to miss musical guest sensation Peter Apel. He was a serious crowd pleaser. It was a very hot day when we visited and Peter managed to maintain a captive audience of very sweaty kids song after song until he finally took a set-break to avoid melting. During his set, he pulled guest performers from the crowd who belted out their ABC’s like finalists on a mini-American Idol. He even handed out instruments for the kids to jam along.
Here’s what to know before you go:
- Remaining dates for Thomas The Train & Percy Halloween Party are October 21/22 & 28/29
- You should plan to arrive an hour before your train departure time to park, find the entrance, and pick up your train tickets (at will call).
- The location, Felton, CA is just over an hour outside of San Francisco.
- Tickets are $24 a person (person = any human over the age of 2) and $10 to park you car.
- The price of admission includes all Halloween festivities.
- They sell food, but you can also bring your own, which is cool.
- Kids can and should wear their Halloween costumes.
- The campgrounds look like the set of an old western movie so there are plenty of adorable Yeehaw photo ops.
Enter to win 4 free tickets to attend with your family on Sunday, October 22nd! Comment on our Facebook post with the answer to this question:
Comment by 11:59 PM, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, to be entered to win, and we’ll select a winner at random.
(Winner’s tickets will be for Sunday, October 22 and picked up by will call. Specific time will be at the discretion of the railroad.)
WHEN: October 21-22, and 28-29
TIME: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
WHERE: 5401 Graham Hill Road, Felton, CA 95018
Thomas the Tank Engine rides depart every 60 minutes, rain or shine. Departure times begin at 10:00 am through 3:00 pm each day of the event.
Tickets for Day Out with Thomas: Thomas and Percy’s Halloween Party™ are on sale now and available by calling Ticketweb toll-free 866-468-7630, or by visiting www.ticketweb.com/dowt. Ticket prices and $24 for ages 2 and up (service charges and fee may apply).